The walls of your home are the color of your world. They are the things that set the mood for everyday life. So, the way you apply your Interior paint can be just as important as the color itself.
- Clear the area of any furniture to give you plenty of work space.
- Put down a drop sheet and clean your walls with sugar soap. You may be tempted to skip this step, but a clean surface is your best insurance against a ruined paint job.
- Mask the trim for the cutting-in. Cutting-in is a technique that allows you to paint with a brush or an application pad, areas that can not be reached with a roller.
- Load your brush by diping it in half the length of the brush into the paint. To remove the excess, tap the brush on the side of the paint pot. Start brushing a few inches from the corner or the edge. As you move the brush, you’re going to set the line of the edge of the paint. Drag the brush to the edge so that the line on the paint follows the edge.
- You’re ready to roll out the wall now. Press it forward on the tray to load your roller, then lift it to see if it spins evenly. If your roller is unbalanced, it’s because the paint isn’t applied evenly, so keep rolling it over the tray with full rotations to spread the paint evenly.
- Start where you’re going to cut and roll across the wall. Roll as far into the brushed area as possible for best results.
- After you’ve covered a section of the wall, it’s time to get a smooth finish. This is probably the most important step in rolling a wall and it should be done when you paint a section about 3-4 meters. Putting your wall off means giving it a smooth, consistent finish and hiding those streaky brush strokes. Just place your unloaded roller at the top left corner of your wall.
- Make sure the handle is on the right side of the roller. Then roll down your wall with almost zero pressure until you reach the bottom. Remove the roller, return to the top, and slightly overlap where you just rolled so that each panel rubs the line away from the previous lay-off.
- And you’ve done! Simply clean up and enjoy the beautiful new walls.